Pulled Pork Soft Shell Taco with Pickled Pineapple
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
Peel, core and slice the pineapple into small batons then place into a bowl along with the red onion, coriander and mint. Squeeze over the lime, add a pinch of sea salt and toss them well together then set aside for at least 30mins.
Fold the roughly chopped chipotle peppers plus a little sauce from the can through the sour cream; be careful not to over fold it. Taste and add more chipotle peppers if you want it hotter. Chargrill corn till slightly blackened and in a small saucepan or microwave gently heat Hellers pulled pork thoroughly until hot. Keep covered ready for use.
Warm the tacos and start with spreading a spoonful of pulled pork along the centre of the taco. Top with red cabbage, corn and the pickled pineapple. Finish with a dollop of chipotle cream, coriander and spring onions.
What you will need
- 2 x 180g packs of Hellers Pulled Pork
- 8 small Soft Shell Tacos
- ¾ cup Corn Kernels (rinsed)
- ½ fresh Pineapple or a small tin of Pineapple Chunks
- ¼ Red Onion finely sliced
- 1 Lime
- ¼ Red Cabbage finely sliced
- 150g Sour Cream
- 1-2 Tbsp Chipotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce (to taste)
- 2 handfuls Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 handful Mint leaves chopped
- 1 Spring Onion finely sliced