Zucchini, Feta and Danish Salami Fritters with Lime Aioli
Yield: Serves 4 …if you’re lucky!
- 1 Pack Hellers Danish Salami
- 2 zucchini grated and excess juice squeezed out
- ½ spring onion finely diced
- ¼ cup coriander roughly chopped
- ¼ cup mint roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dill roughly chopped
- ½ lime zested
- 100g feta crumbled into approx. 2cm square pieces
- 2 small eggs or 1 large egg
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Lime halves to serve
- Lime Aioli
- 200g homemade or shop bought aioli
- 1 lime zested and juice added
- Add more lime juice to taste
1. Make sure the grated zucchini is well squeezed and as much moisture as possible is removed then place into a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, season and combine together with a spoon.
2. To make the lime aioli, place the aioli into a bowl and add the lime zest and juice. Taste and add more lime juice if needed, you really want it to have a nice tangy lime taste.
3. Heat a large fry pan over medium heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Spoon heaped tablespoonfuls of zucchini mixture in batches into the fry pan. Add more oil as needed and allow them to become crisp and golden before turning very gently.
4. Eat them immediately with lashing of lime aioli and a pile of lime halves.