Leftover Ham, Potato & Onion Spanish Style Tortilla
What you will need
- 600g Agria potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 - 6 T olive oil
- 3 T chopped chives, finely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 300 - 350g leftover Hellers Christmas ham
- salt and pepper
- Thinly slice the potatoes and place in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 T of oil in a 24 cm cast iron or similar fry pan, add the onion and cook until soft and caramelised.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Add in the drained cooked potatoes, chives, onion and mix together. Finely add the sliced ham and mix together.
- Heat 4 T oil in the cast iron fry pan on a medium heat. Select enough potato slices to cover the bottom of the fry pan, and lay them evenly around the fry pan in the hot oil to create a good base for the tortilla. Then pour the remaining egg, ham and potato mix into the fry pan and press to flatten. Turn down to a low heat and cook for 10 minutes on one side.
- Remove the fry pan from the heat, and loosen the sides of the tortilla. Place a plate on top of the fry pan, and using a tea towel quickly flip the tortilla on to the plate. Add a little more oil to the fry pan and return to the heat. Carefully slide the tortilla back into the pan, and push the tortilla back into place. Cook this side for about 8 - 10 minutes or until the tortilla is firm and the egg is set.
- Slide the tortilla out on to a serving plate, and serve with a green salad. Serves 4