Mexican Kebabs with Charred Corn Coriander Rice & Smashed Guacamole
What you will need
- 2 packets Hellers Mexican kebabs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- fresh coriander leaves
- Charred Corn & Coriander Rice: 2 T oil, 1 small white onion - finely diced, 2 cloves garlic - crushed, 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice, 2 cup boiling water or chicken stock, pinch salt, 2 - 4 T coriander - chopped, 2 - 3 fresh corn on the cob or 1 tin corn kernals - drained.
- Smashed Guacamole: 2 avocados - stone removed & flesh scooped out of skin, 1 - 2 T lime juice, 150g cherry tomatoes - halved, 2 T finely chopped red onion, 2 T coriander, salt and pepper
- Charred Corn & Coriander Rice:
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the rice and stir to coat and lightly toast. Add the boiling liquid and bring to a simmer. Cover and leave for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir quickly, then leave to steam for 5 minutes with the lid on. Stir in the charred corn.
- Meanwhile heat a fry pan on a high heat and add some oil. Add in the corn and cook until charred in places. then add to the cooked rice.
- Smashed Guacamole:
Smash the avocado flesh in a bowl with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together, season to taste.
- To serve:
Cook the kebabs in a grill pan or on a BBQ.
Spoon the rice into bowls and top with cooked kebabs, guacamole, sour cream and coriander leaves. Serves 4