Peach Maple & Mustard Glazed Ham
- 250g best quality tinned peaches OR 1 cup fresh ripe peaches, skinned & stone removed, chopped
- 6 T maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 2 T grainy mustard
- 1 T wine vinegar
- 1 half or whole leg of Hellers ham
- 3 T Dijon mustard
- 6 - 12 fresh or tinned peach halves to serve
- Peach Glaze -
Place all the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 3 - 5 minutes until peaches are soft enough to blend.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and using a stick blender, blend the peach mixture until thick. Set aside until ready to use.
- Glazing the Ham -
Carefully remove the skin from the ham, leaving a layer of fat.
- Score the fat in a decorative pattern, and rub the Dijon mustard all over the ham fat.
- Heat the oven to 160°C. Place the ham in a roasting dish and cook for half an hour.
- Spoon the peach glaze all over the ham, and cook for another 45 - 60 minutes or until the glaze is nicely caramelized.
- Heat a grill pan or BBQ, and grill the peach halves until charred. Serve the glazed ham with the grilled peaches and Christmassy decorations. Makes enough for ½ - 1 leg of ham