Sticky Ginger Beef Noodle Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 - 6 generously
There is always something really satisfying about eating a fresh and flavoursome noodle salad from one of those little white takeaway boxes! This simple tasty recipe is based on a Kylie Kwong version which has been simplified and adjusted so that the kids will love slurping on their noodles too!
Start by placing the cooked noodles into a large bowl. Add the red onion, spring onion, carrots and either one or a combination of the broccoli, cucumber and courgettes [or whatever greens you have on hand].
Add lots of fresh herbs, a good handful each of coriander, mint and dill. Pile it all on top of the noodles and then start making your dressing.
To make the dressing whisk in a bowl the light soy sauce, lemon juice, orange zest and juice, sesame oil, garlic and brown sugar. While whisking gently add 150ml oil until it comes together. Gently stir through the ripe tomatoes.
Fry your Hellers Sticky Ginger Beef sausages in a fry pan over moderate heat till golden, piping hot and fully cooked approx. 10-12 mins. Once cool enough to handle roughly chop the sausages into bite size pieces and add to the large salad bowl.
Using clean hands toss all the ingredients in the egg noodle salad together. Add the dressing and still using your hands toss well. Transfer to individual bowls and top with more spring onions and fresh herbs. If your kids don’t mind chilli then by all means finely slice a red chilli into this salad.
What you will needSalad base
- 300g cooked egg noodles
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 3 spring onion thinly sliced
- 2 carrots peeled + finely cut into matchsticks
- Whatever greens you have on hand…
- 1/2 head of broccoli cut into long strips + blanched
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber deseeded and cut into matchsticks 2 grated courgettes
- A good handful each coriander, mint + dill roughly chopped
- Tomato Dressing
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 orange zest + juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 150ml rice bran or grape seed oil
- 5-6 ripe tomatoes finely chopped.
- 4-6 Hellers Sticky Ginger Beef sausages
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 small handful of coriander, mint + dill roughly chopped