- 4 slices of thick toast bread, or use hash browns or English muffins
- 400 - 500g Hellers Streaky Bacon
- 8 eggs
- 150g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp water
- salt to taste
- Hollandaise: Heat the butter in a small saucepan until hot and bubbly, transfer to a small jug for easy pouring.
- Place the yolks, lemon juice and water in a jug or container, just a bit bigger than the width of the stick blender.
- Blend the egg yolks for 20 secs with the stick blender, before drizzling in the hot butter. Keep blending the mixture to emulsify the yolks into the butter, creating a nice thick sauce.
- Season to taste, and set aside in a warm spot while you cook the eggs and bacon. Hollandaise sauce doesn’t reheat or keep for long so it’s best used in immediately
- Bacon and Eggs: Pre heat the oven grill.
- Line a tray with baking paper and grill the bacon in the oven until done to your liking. Keep warm while you poach the eggs.
- Start toasting the toast, hash browns or English muffins.
- The trick with poaching eggs is to make sure they are nice and fresh, this way the whites stay close to the yolks. Look for eggs with at least 3 weeks until the use before date.
- Heat a large fry pan with enough water to cover the top of an egg. Bring to the boil, and then turn down to low. Crack the eggs into the water and let them set for a few minutes before using a slotted spoon to gently nudge them off the bottom of the pan. The eggs are ready when the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. Use a slotted spoon to gently move the eggs to a warm plate once cooked.