Meatballs with Gnocchi & Olives
What you will need
- 1 pack Hellers Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp fresh thyme or oregano leaves
- 12 green olives
- 250g pack fresh gnocchi
- pinch chilli flakes
- 2 - 4 Tbsp parmesan, grated or shaved
- Boil water in a electric jug. Fill a saucepan with boiling water, and put on the heat.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan, and add the red pepper, red onion and thyme. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add in the meatballs in tomato sauce, olives, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water in the saucepan, and cook until they float to the surface – about two minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop the gnocchi into the meatball sauce and toss gently to coat.
- Serve into two bowls and top with grated parmesan and chilli flakes if desired. Serves 2