Quick One Pan Pork Sausage and Fennel Gnocchi
What you will need
- 1 pack Hellers pork sausages, thinly sliced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g Gnocchi – we used a packet from the chilled section
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock, hot
- 4 T sour cream or crème fraiche
- 140g baby spinach
- ½ cup parmesan, finely grated
- salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan, and brown the sliced pork sausages well. Add the sliced fennel, garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until the fennel is soft.
- Add the gnocchi and stir gently to combine. Pour in the hot chicken stock, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until the gnocchi is hot.
- Mix in the sour cream or cream fraiche, then add the baby spinach, parmesan and stir to just wilt the spinach and melt the parmesan.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately with a big green salad.