Quick Cheesy Meatball Subs
What you will need
- 1 pack Hellers Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or a Tex Mex blend grated
- 2 large bread rolls / subs
- extra fresh basil leaves to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the butter and oil in a fry pan, add the garlic and sizzle for 10 seconds. Add the basil leaves and cook for 10 more seconds, before adding the meatballs and sauce. Bring the mixture to a simmer for 5 minutes, or until the meatballs are hot.
- Split the subs in half, place half the cheese in the bottom of the sub. Top with the hot meatballs, followed by the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven for 3 - 5 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and melty. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of fresh basil leaves. Serves 2