What you will need
- Hellers Pork Meatballs
- Olive oil
- 1 small white onion peeled and roughly diced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and smashed with the back of a wooden spoon
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 25g butter
- Sugar, sea salt and cracked pepper
- Spaghetti (cook according to packet instructions)
- Parmesan and fresh basil leaves to serve
- In a medium saucepan with the lid on gently sweat the onions with a good glug of olive oil for 10 mins until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic for a further 2 mins.
- Add the canned tomatoes and bay leaf and bring up to a simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the butter, season with salt and pepper and add 2 tsp of sugar or to taste.
- Remove the bay leaf and using a stick blender gently blend until smooth.
- Pan fry Hellers pork meatballs over medium heat until golden and cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves.