Spicy Bratwurst Sausage Rolls with Cheese and Mustard
What you will need
- 4 tbsp onion jam or relish
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 egg
- 4 spicy bratwurst or your favourite bratwurst
- 2 sheets butter puff, cut in half and chilled
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- ½ cup grated cheese, for the top
- Mustard cheese mix - Mix the onion jam, grated cheddar, mustard, and egg together.
- Lay out the chilled pastry sheet halves, and divide the mustard cheese mixture into 4 and spread a portion over each pastry sheet. Leaving a 1.5 - 2cm boarder around the edge of each pastry sheet
- Place the bratwurst on top of each half, and roll the bratwurst up tightly in the pastry. Sealing the
ends and seam of the roll with a fork.
- Place all the rolls on a lined baking tray. Brush each roll with beaten egg and extra cheese.
- Chill for an hour in the fridge.Trim off the ends of each long roll, then cut into 4.
- Chill again until you are ready to cook them. They cook best straight from the fridge. Bake in a 170°C oven for about 30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and cooked though on the bottom.
- Makes 16 small sausage rolls.