What you will need
- Hellers Spicy Jumbo Brats
- Hotdog buns
- 4 white onions sliced in half through the root and then sliced thinly following the grain
- 75g butter
- 1 sprig Rosemary – leaves only
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt, grated cheese, tomato sauce, gherkins or pickles to serve
- Place the sliced onions, rosemary, and a good pinch of salt into a fry pan over medium heat with 50g butter. Cook for 10 mins until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Add the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and remaining butter and cook for a further 10-15 mins until the onions are sticky but still have a slight buttery sauce. Check seasoning is to taste.
- Bbq or pan fry Hellers Spicy Jumbo Bratwurst sausages over medium heat until piping hot
- Split the hotdog buns down the middle and warm in the oven for a few mins
- To serve butter the inside of the hot dog bun and start layering with grated cheese, gherkins or pickles tomato sauce and caramelised buttery onions.