Tex mex style chicken nachos with sour cream and avocado
- 3 T oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 red peppers, cored and sliced
- 4 garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 jar passata
- coriander stalks – use leaves to finish
- 1 - 2 chipotle chillies in adobe sauce, or more to taste
- 600g Hellers shredded roast chicken
- 1 lime, zested and juiced (optional)
- salt and pepper
Serves 4 - 6
- Heat oil in a fry pan and add onions, peppers, garlic, and cook until soft.
- Add the spices and cook out for a minute. Making sure you have enough oil in the pan so they don’t burn. Add the passata, coriander stalks, and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the shredded roast chicken to heat through. Remove from heat and add the lime zest and juice and season to taste.
- To Serve:
Sprinkle some cheese over the corn chips and melt the cheese in a hot oven.
- Serve the Tex Mex chicken hot topped with avocado, sour cream, corn chips, coriander leaves, hot
sauce and lime wedges.