The Best Scrambled Eggs with Hellers Rasher Bacon
What you will need
- Hellers Rasher Bacon
- Tomato - halved
- 4 free range eggs
- 25g butter
- 1 small white onion very finely chopped
- 40ml fresh cream
- A small bunch of chives finely chopped
- Sea salt
- In a fry pan over medium heat cook tomato halves cut side down in a little butter until tender, season to serve.
- Pan fry or grill Hellers Rasher Bacon until cooked thoroughly and crispy.
- In a fry pan over medium heat add the butter and onions and gently cook for 15 mins until the onions are very tender and just starting to turn a golden hue.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the cream then whisk well to combine. Add the chives and a good pinch of salt and then pour over the onions. This is where it all matters, using a spatula gently stir the eggs along one edge of the pan then move up through the middle and then along the other side of the pan. Now leave it for 10 seconds do not be tempted to stir vigorously and constantly because you want soft pillows of scrambled egg not grainy small lumps. This cooking process should only take 20-30 seconds and then remove the pan from the heat. The egg will keep cooking and that is the secret – it is all in the timing! Practise makes perfect!
- Serve immediately with the tomatoes, bacon, and a side of your favourite toast.