Danish Salami Sliders with Green Tabasco Aioli
Yield: Makes 8
- 8 Slider buns
- 1 Pack Hellers Danish Salami
- 8 Slices eggplant
- 8 Slices red onion
- 8 slices tomato
- Mustard cred or frisee lettuce
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 8 Jalapenos
- 8 Toothpic flags for the top
- Green Tabasco Aioli
- 100g homemade or shop bought aoili
- 1-2 tbsp green tabasco (or more if you like)
1. To make the green tabasco aioli, place the aioli into a bowl and add the green tabasco, taste and add more if needed.
2. Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil and fry in a large fry pan [or on a bbq] over medium heat, add more olive oil to the pan if needed. Turn them a few times until golden all over and softened, set aside on absorbent paper. Repeat this process with the red onion slices.
3. Cut the slider buns in half. Wipe out your fry pan and gently toast the cut sides of the buns.
4. To assemble start by spreading both the top and the bottom of the buns with green tabasco aioli. Add frisee lettuce to the bottom half then the eggplant, tomato, red onion, 2 slices of Danish salami and a little more frisee. Finish by placing on the slider top and securing a jalapeno to it with a large toothpick.