Potato, Egg and Dutch Salami Salad
Yield: Serves 4 - 6
- 1kg new potatoes or gourmets
- 8 slices Hellers Dutch Salami cut into strips
- 6 hard boiled eggs – peeled and quartered
- 6 stalks of celery leaves picked and washed
- 1 frisee lettuce – leaves separated
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 1 bunch chives roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Italian parsley roughly chopped
- 75g pecorino cheese – shaved
- Mustard Dressing
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove finely diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- *Sea salt and cracked pepper
1. Boil the potatoes till just tender, drain and once they are cool enough slice in half.
2. Finely dice 1 stalk of celery.
3. To make the mustard dressing place the Dijon, red wine vinegar, brown sugar and garlic into a bowl and whisk together. Slowly add the olive oil whisking until its emulsified, season well and set aside.
4. In a large bowl place the potatoes, Dutch salami, frisee lettuce, red onion, celery, celery leaves, chives and parsley. Add 3-4 spoonfuls of mustard dressing and season well. Toss gently together and spread onto a large serving platter.
5. Decorate the salad with hard boiled eggs, pecorino and more chopped parsley if you have it. Drizzle a little more mustard dressing over the salad and pour the rest into a jug to have on the side.
*Smoked sea salt is delicious in this salad instead of standard sea salt if you have it on hand